ClearSKY Systems Equipment Set Up
If there is no outage in your area, try rebooting your ClearSKY Internet connection by following these steps:
ClearSKY Systems DOES provide support with the following issues:
ClearSKY Systems DOES NOT provide support for the following:
This 16 digit code is your gateway and access to ClearSKY System’s Internet. When any directly connected devices are replaced, ClearSKY technical support must be supplied with your updated MAC address in order to maintain your access to the Internet.
On Windows 7 you will need to go to the control panel in order to access the wireless management tool. From here you can configure wireless networks and the LAN TCP/IP settings.
• Click on connect to a network and it will show the wireless connections currently available around you.
• Choose your wireless connection and enter your password if required.
1. When connecting your Mac to a wireless network, one of the first things you’ll want to do is make sure that the AirPort icon is enabled in your Menu bar. If it’s already there, please skip down to Step 5.
2. Select the Apple Button (very upper left corner of your screen) and choose System Preferences. From there, select Network.
3. Select your AirPort entry, and click the Configure… button.
4. Make sure the Airport tab is selected from the top menu, and then place a check in the box labelled Show AirPort status in menu bar
5. Click the AirPort icon in your menu bar, and you should be presented with a list of visible wireless networks. Select the network you want to join.
6. If the network requires a password, you’ll be prompted to enter it now. If it doesn’t, you should automatically connect.
7. When you’re connected, the AirPort icon will change from a ‘light grey’ color to a solid black. The number of solid black lines indicates the signal strength (more black bars = stronger signal). That’s it!
For existing Microsoft Outlook Email accounts, please refer to https://csky.net/faq/existing-email-setup-outlook/
If your using Microsoft Live Mail, please follow this documentation: https://csky.net/faq/email-setup-windows-live-mail/
• Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook.
• Step 2: Click on File at the top left of your screen, and select Account Settings.
• Step 3: Select your E-mail account, and click Remove, then click the “New” tab.
• Step 4: Enter your ClearSKY E-mail address.
• Step 5: Click Advanced Options and mark the box labeled “Let me set my account manually”.
• Step 6: Select either POP/IMAP. (POP to save new emails exclusively to that device, IMAP to save new emails on all devices)
• Step 7: Set the incoming and outgoing mail server to mail.csky.net.
• Step 8: Change the Encryption method from “None” to “SSL/TLS” for the incoming and outgoing mail server. If SSL/TLS does not display, change it from None, to SSL.
• Step 10: If using POP, click “This server requires and encrypted connection” if not already selected.
• Step 11: Click “Next”, and enter your ClearSKY password.
• Step 12: Congratulations your email account is set up on your computer!
How to identify possible connectivity concerns:
If you’re unable to access the Internet, there are a few simple commands you can perform from your command prompt to assist in determining the source of your problem. The first step is running a ping test.
• Windows: Click Start, then click Run. In the run box, type cmd and click ok.
• Type “ping yahoo.com -t” and observe the prompt. If results are frequently above 100ms, “request timed out”, and/or “destination host unreachable” then troubleshoot further.
If this message appears at the bottom right hand corner of your monitor, follow these troubleshooting tips:
1) If utilizing a router, check connections to router as follows:
Make sure device is properly connected to your router. Check other devices to confirm if issue is device or router related. If device related troubleshoot device further. If the issue is on all devices unplug power to your router for 60 seconds and then reconnect and check connectivity. If Internet connectivity is not restored, continue to step 2.
If you are NOT utilizing a router, proceed as follows:
Reboot your computer and/or device. If connectivity is not restored, continue to step 2.
2) Check all power connections beginning with your POE (i.e. Power-Over-Ethernet).
To recycle the power to your antenna radio modem, unplug power from the POE. Wait 60 seconds, and then reconnect it. If connectivity issues still persist unplug the cable in POE port, wait 60 seconds, and reconnect it.
If this does not resolve the issues, contact ClearSKY Systems technical support
For existing Apple Email accounts, please refer to https://csky.net/faq/existing-email-setup-apple/
• Step 1: From the Home Screen, choose Settings. Tap on Passwords & Accounts
• Step 2: In the account section, tap Add Account, and then tap Other.
• Step 3: Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section.
• Step 4: Enter your account information.
• Step 5: Set the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server to mail.csky.net.
• Step 6: Once the email configuration is added, tap Next to continue.
• Step 7: Choose what information you want to sync with your phone and tap Save to save the entered information.
• Step 8: Congratulations, your email account is set up on your Apple device!
For configuring E-mail on Thunderbird, please follow this documentation: https://csky.net/faq/email-setup-thunderbird/
• Step 1: Open your Mail app. (The steps to set up email on your Android device may vary depending on the make and model)
• Step 2: Type your Email address and Password and tap Manual Setup.
• Step 3: Select POP/IMAP. (POP to save new emails exclusively to that device, IMAP to save new emails on all devices)
• Step 4: If configuring IMAP, follow these Steps, if configuring POP continue to steps 7-8.
• Step 5: Enter these settings for the incoming IMAP mail server:
• Step 6: Enter these settings for the outgoing IMAP mail server:
If Configuring POP
• Step 7: Enter these settings for the incoming POP mail server:
• Step 8: Enter these settings for the outgoing POP mail server:
• Step 9: Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct.
• Step 10: Tap “Next”.
• Step 11: Tap “Next” again. Then name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
• Step 12: Tap “Done”.
• Step 13: Congratulations, your email account is set up on your Android device!