ClearSKY Systems Equipment Set Up
If there is no outage in your area, try rebooting your ClearSKY Internet connection by following these steps:
This 16 digit code is your gateway and access to ClearSKY System’s Internet. When any directly connected devices are replaced, ClearSKY technical support must be supplied with your updated MAC address in order to maintain your access to the Internet.
On Windows 7 you will need to go to the control panel in order to access the wireless management tool. From here you can configure wireless networks and the LAN TCP/IP settings.
• Click on connect to a network and it will show the wireless connections currently available around you.
• Choose your wireless connection and enter your password if required.
1. When connecting your Mac to a wireless network, one of the first things you’ll want to do is make sure that the AirPort icon is enabled in your Menu bar. If it’s already there, please skip down to Step 5.
2. Select the Apple Button (very upper left corner of your screen) and choose System Preferences. From there, select Network.
3. Select your AirPort entry, and click the Configure… button.
4. Make sure the Airport tab is selected from the top menu, and then place a check in the box labelled Show AirPort status in menu bar
5. Click the AirPort icon in your menu bar, and you should be presented with a list of visible wireless networks. Select the network you want to join.
6. If the network requires a password, you’ll be prompted to enter it now. If it doesn’t, you should automatically connect.
7. When you’re connected, the AirPort icon will change from a ‘light grey’ color to a solid black. The number of solid black lines indicates the signal strength (more black bars = stronger signal). That’s it!
• Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook.
• Step 2: Click on Tools at the top of your screen, and select Accounts.
• Step 3: Click on the Add button, on the right hand side of the screen.
• Step 4: Click on the Mail button.
• Step 5: Enter Your Name in the field provided and then click next.
• Step 6: The incoming mail server is a POP 3 server. Your incoming mail server is mail.csky.net and outgoing mail server is also mail.csky.net Check the outgoing mail server box for “My Server Requires Authentication.”
• Step 7: Enter Account Name (Same as E-Mail Address WITHOUT @csky.net) and Password.
• Step 8: Congratulations your email account is set up on your computer.
How to identify possible connectivity concerns:
If you’re unable to access the Internet, there are a few simple commands you can perform from your command prompt to assist in determining the source of your problem. The first step is running a ping test.
• Windows: Click Start, then click Run. In the run box, type cmd and click ok.
• Type “ping yahoo.com -t” and observe the prompt. If results are frequently above 100ms, “request timed out”, and/or “destination host unreachable” then troubleshoot further.
If this message appears at the bottom right hand corner of your monitor, follow these troubleshooting tips:
1) If utilizing a router, check connections to router as follows:
Make sure device is properly connected to your router. Check other devices to confirm if issue is device or router related. If device related troubleshoot device further. If the issue is on all devices unplug power to your router for 60 seconds and then reconnect and check connectivity. If Internet connectivity is not restored, continue to step 2.
If you are NOT utilizing a router, proceed as follows:
Reboot your computer and/or device. If connectivity is not restored, continue to step 2.
2) Check all power connections beginning with your POE (i.e. Power-Over-Ethernet).
To recycle the power to your antenna radio modem, unplug power from the POE. Wait 60 seconds, and then reconnect it. If connectivity issues still persist unplug the cable in POE port, wait 60 seconds, and reconnect it.
If this does not resolve the issues, contact ClearSKY Systems technical support