ClearSKY Systems Equipment Set Up
If there is no outage in your area, try rebooting your ClearSKY Internet connection by following these steps:
This 16 digit code is your gateway and access to ClearSKY System’s Internet. When any directly connected devices are replaced, ClearSKY technical support must be supplied with your updated MAC address in order to maintain your access to the Internet.
On Windows 7 you will need to go to the control panel in order to access the wireless management tool. From here you can configure wireless networks and the LAN TCP/IP settings.
• Click on connect to a network and it will show the wireless connections currently available around you.
• Choose your wireless connection and enter your password if required.
1. When connecting your Mac to a wireless network, one of the first things you’ll want to do is make sure that the AirPort icon is enabled in your Menu bar. If it’s already there, please skip down to Step 5.
2. Select the Apple Button (very upper left corner of your screen) and choose System Preferences. From there, select Network.
3. Select your AirPort entry, and click the Configure… button.
4. Make sure the Airport tab is selected from the top menu, and then place a check in the box labelled Show AirPort status in menu bar
5. Click the AirPort icon in your menu bar, and you should be presented with a list of visible wireless networks. Select the network you want to join.
6. If the network requires a password, you’ll be prompted to enter it now. If it doesn’t, you should automatically connect.
7. When you’re connected, the AirPort icon will change from a ‘light grey’ color to a solid black. The number of solid black lines indicates the signal strength (more black bars = stronger signal). That’s it!
• Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook.
• Step 2: Click on Files at the top left of your screen, and select Account Settings.
• Step 3: Select your E-mail account, and click remove, then click the New tab.
• Step 4: Enter your ClearSKY E-mail address.
• Step 5: Click Advanced Options and mark the box labeled “Let me set my account manually”.
• Step 6: Select either POP/IMAP.
• Step 7: Set the incoming and outgoing mail server to mail.cksy.net.
• Step 8: Change the Encryption method to No Encryption to SSL/TLS for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
• Step 9: Click Next, and enter your ClearSKY password.
• Step 10: Congratulations your email account is set up on your computer!
How to identify possible connectivity concerns:
If you’re unable to access the Internet, there are a few simple commands you can perform from your command prompt to assist in determining the source of your problem. The first step is running a ping test.
• Windows: Click Start, then click Run. In the run box, type cmd and click ok.
• Type “ping yahoo.com -t” and observe the prompt. If results are frequently above 100ms, “request timed out”, and/or “destination host unreachable” then troubleshoot further.
If this message appears at the bottom right hand corner of your monitor, follow these troubleshooting tips:
1) If utilizing a router, check connections to router as follows:
Make sure device is properly connected to your router. Check other devices to confirm if issue is device or router related. If device related troubleshoot device further. If the issue is on all devices unplug power to your router for 60 seconds and then reconnect and check connectivity. If Internet connectivity is not restored, continue to step 2.
If you are NOT utilizing a router, proceed as follows:
Reboot your computer and/or device. If connectivity is not restored, continue to step 2.
2) Check all power connections beginning with your POE (i.e. Power-Over-Ethernet).
To recycle the power to your antenna radio modem, unplug power from the POE. Wait 60 seconds, and then reconnect it. If connectivity issues still persist unplug the cable in POE port, wait 60 seconds, and reconnect it.
If this does not resolve the issues, contact ClearSKY Systems technical support
• Step 1: From the Home Screen, choose Settings. Tap on Passwords & Accounts
• Step 2: In the account section, tap Add Account, and then tap Other.
• Step 3: Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section.
• Step 4: Enter your account information.
• Step 5: Set the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server to mail.csky.net.
• Step 6: Once the email configuration is added, tap Next to continue.
• Step 7: Choose what information you want to sync with your phone and tap Save to save the entered information.
• Step 8: Congratulations, your email account is set up on your Apple device!
• Step 1: Open your Mail app. (The steps to set up email on your Android device may vary depending on the make and model)
• Step 2: Type your Email address and Password and tap Manual Setup.
• Step 3: Select POP/IMAP.
• Step 4: Enter these settings for the incoming server:
• Step 5: Enter these settings for the outgoing server:
• Step 6: Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct.
• Step 7: Tap Next.
• Step 8: Tap Next again. Then name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
• Step 8: Tap Done.
• Step 8: Congratulations, your email account is set up on your Android device!